Strong roots are essential to the overall health of your trees. Though many people recognize that water and nutrition and fertilization play an important role in growing a robust root system, there’s one other factor that most overlook: soil compaction. Over time, gravity and weight on the ground will push the particles of dirt close together, making it difficult for water and other crucial nutrients to reach the roots. Trees growing in compacted soil will likely be weak, unhealthy, and prone to damage.
Dirt compaction can be a real problem for trees, but Tree Tech Inc. has a fast and easy solution! Air spading is a tree care technique that uses a stream of pressurized air to break apart the soil particles. Though air spading is a quick and simple process, the results can be enormous. If you want to encourage tree health with soil aeration, give Tree Tech Inc. a call today!
What is Air Tilling and How Does it Work?
Air spading is the process of loosening compacted dirt using a jet of pressurized air. During a service, a trained technician will insert a special nozzle into the soil around the base of your tree and start spraying a stream of air. They will carefully move the air spade around until the dirt near the roots is crumbly rather than hard. Air spading offers a number of benefits to tree health including:
- Increased water and nutrient absorption: Since loose soil is more porous, aerated dirt allows water and nutrients to filter down and penetrate the root system.
- Easier and healthier root growth: Soft dirt is much easier for roots to grow through. Air spading can make it easier for the root system to fully grow, rather than getting stuck in hard soil.
- Enhanced tree health: With a full-fledged root system that has ample access to necessary nutrients, your trees will be able to grow healthier and stronger than ever before.
- Easier access to roots for inspections: It’s difficult to access the root system when the dirt is hard as a rock. Air spading can break up the soil and allow arborists to perform a thorough inspection of your tree, including the root system.
Air Spading for Homes, Businesses, and More
If you want to enhance the health of the trees on your property with air spading services, turn to the experts at Tree Tech Inc.! With over 35 years of experience serving homeowners, businesses, and municipalities throughout the Eastern Massachusetts area, we know how to deliver exceptional results that you can rely on. Our team of certified arborists has built a reputation for delivering the very best in quality, service, and price. No project is too big or too small – give us a call today to learn more about how we can help!
Need a Tree and Plant Healthcare Estimate?
Click below to leave your information and we will call you right back!
Air Spading FAQs
What are signs of compacted soil?
If you’re like most people, then the dirt in your yard is probably not something you think of too often. However, taking a few minutes to examine the condition of your soil could help you catch problems before they can seriously impact the health of your trees. Some key signs of soil compaction to look out for include:
- Thin, patchy, or uneven grass growth
- Long-lasting puddles regularly forming
- Solid, non-porous appearance
- Difficulty inserting a screwdriver into the soil
Can air spading damage tree roots?
No, air spading will not damage your tree. Air spading is an excellent tool for decompaction because it efficiently loosens the soil without damaging roots. Unlike other decompaction techniques, such as mechanical excavation, air spading is safe.
How long does air spading take?
Most air spading services take one day to complete. However, there are a few factors that can contribute to the exact duration of your project, such as lot size and number of trees. If you want a more personalized time estimate, give us a call today! We’ll ask a few questions and let you know exactly what to expect.
Your Local Air Spading Experts
Have hard and heavily compacted soil near your trees? Want to ensure your plants have ample access to nutrients and water? Call Tree Tech Inc. for air spading services today! Despite being a quick and simple process, aerating your soil can completely transform your yard by promoting long-term plant and tree health. Whether you’re a homeowner, a commercial property owner, or a municipality, we have you covered! Get in touch today to schedule your service.
Air Spading in Eastern Massachusetts
Serving Rhode Island